Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Can you live with it?"


Today I’m with my brother at a hospital. He’s having surgery. He had surgery a few months ago on this same eye for a detached retina. Unfortunately the retina is detaching again at another place. Not exactly what we had prayed for.

When he called me last month to tell me what was going on, he was understandably upset. The odds aren’t as good that this surgery will work. His imagination went into overdrive with worry, just like yours and mine would if we were in his position. He doesn’t want to go through the incredible pain again. Or, to inconvenience his wife or worry his children or burden our parents. And what if he can’t work, he’ll lose lots of business.

Finally, I said to him, "Buddy, all we have is today. None of this stuff may ever happen, but right now is what’s happening. And here’s what we know: You can live with whatever life brings because God is with you today."

Like my brother, whatever situation you’re facing, you can live with it because God is with you today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home