Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, December 04, 2008

"How do you do business?"


Yesterday I told you about my daughter’s car accident. Turns out the car was a total loss.

I found myself dealing with the other driver’s insurance company. I checked in with the estimator one Monday morning to see what kind of results he had come up with. I asked him, "Is it a Monday in your part of the world?"

"The worst one I’ve had in twenty years," he said.

I asked why and he told me that the museum had burned down in his town. It contained tools his deceased father had collected over the years. The tools were about all that he had left of his Dad’s.

"I understand," I said, then told him about my Grandfather’s plows and how when I missed him, I would stand out in the yard and place my hands on the handles, and it comforted me.

It was the same for him with his Dad’s tools only now they were gone. I expressed my condolences to him. Later we settled on the car.

Sometimes the business of doing business takes a back seat to being human with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home