Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"Does your mind play tricks on you?"


Yesterday I told you about not being able to find my car keys when the person God sent and I took my belongings out to the parking lot. I am still amazed by how many disastrous twists and turns my mind took in a matter of seconds. I stood there in the lobby of this exquisite hotel with my imagination cranking out worst case scenarios at light speed:

"Why did I never get that spare key made and put in my wallet like I planned?

"The key alone will cost over $100 to make and then I’ll have to pay a service trip on top of that!

"But then how will I get someone to come out after hours?

"Now I’m going to have to spend another night away from home and I’ll have to pay for this one.

"I’m too far from home for my wife to leave now and bring me her key. Man, I wish you could fax a key!

"I’ll bet someone stole my keys out of my room!"

I realized that my mind is like soil—it will grow whatever I plant in it. So I stopped the negative thoughts, and started to listen to life. Try it next time you’re in a tight spot. It works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home