Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, December 07, 2008

"What do you expect?"


A group of insurance agents invited me to speak to them in their annual fall planning meeting. The meeting planner and I talked about how challenging the economy is right now so I offered to do two presentations: one about "How to be Positive in a Negative World" and the other titled "From Stress to Success," both giving specific, key steps to maximizing your potential.

So we were both excited about what we would accomplish in this meeting. Then she told me the date. It required me to travel and be away from home on my birthday. Usually this is the time we have a birthday party at home. But since we were both excited by how much the agents would benefit, I agreed to go.

The day of my travel on my birthday came and I wasn’t really excited. I thought, "What have I done?" That is until I arrived and discovered that my sponsors wanted to take me to dinner at a very, very nice restaurant. I had a delicious meal, made some great new friends, had "Happy Birthday" sung to me, received gifts, and had some of the best key lime pie I’ve ever eaten.

Sometimes life turns out a whole better than you expect when you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home