Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"What's more important?"


I was out of state with my wife and her family. A relative died and we packed our bags, jumped on a plane, and flew to be with our family many states away. I noticed while we were there that we had a problem with our phone service. Even our daughter at home did, also. Something was wrong with the system and we could text, but not call.

So I was surprised when my phone rang and it was our older daughter. "Daddy," she said, "I’m sorry to bother you, but this is important. I’ve been in an accident and I don’t know what to do."

"Are you okay?" I asked immediately.

"Yes sir," she told me, "but I don’t know what to do."

"I can tell you what to do," I said, "but look yourself over and tell me if you’re okay. Any blood anywhere?"

"No sir, no blood," she said. "My neck and my chest hurt a little, but I’m okay. But the car is really messed up. You aren’t upset about the car?"

"I can get a new car," I said. "I have only one you."

New things such as cars get so much attention this time of year. But what’s more important—the person or the present? Make a life today, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home