Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Are you a careful driver?"


I phoned a friend recently to talk about a project we’re working on together. He had not had a chance to review some materials I’d sent him so I asked if everything was okay.

"Not exactly," he said. "Our daughter was in a car accident and totaled her vehicle."

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, "she’s fine. It was raining and the highway was very slippery. She wasn’t speeding, but probably going too fast for those conditions, lost control of the car, and wrecked. She slammed into a pole, and well, the whole thing could have turned out quite differently."

"I’m sorry," I said.

And he said, "The State Trooper told her that he could have very easily been knocking on our door to tell us that we wouldn’t see her again. And that he cries every time he has to do that. She’s a very blessed girl."

There’s a lot of traffic on the highways this weekend. Please be very careful as you drive, okay? Save a State Trooper a tearful trip to your home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home