Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"What do you see?"


I mentioned to you recently that I painted our kitchen as a birthday present for my wife. We have a large bay window there overlooking the front part of our farm. Painting around that window gave me a chance the incredible view and watch the animals.

I just had to put down my brush and watch as our cat, Maybelle, walked up to a dogwood tree. At first, she put her front paws on it and stretched out. Then she looked up the tree, sized it up, and turned her head to the side as if to ask, "What’s up there?"

Curiosity got the best of her as she climbed up the tree. She went up it as far as she safely could, pretty close to the top, where the branches grew too small to support her. So here she is, near the top of the tree. She stretches out her neck and starts looking around, shifting her weight to get a 360 degree view. Then satisfied, she climbs back down.

Be like Maybelle today. Get curious. Look around at God’s world. And enjoy the view as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home