Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Do you complain or marvel?"


Some friends came over for dinner recently. I saw their vehicle enter our driveway down the hill and told my wife they were on their way up. Some time passed by and my wife said, "I thought you said they were coming up."

"I thought they were," I said, and looked out the bay window, down the driveway to discover them stopped. Eventually they came on up the driveway and into our home. Their two-year-old grandson walked in the backdoor and said, "Deer. Deer."

His grandfather said, "We just had to stop and look at that herd of deer. There must have been about 10 or 15 of them."

"Yea, and they love running through my fence posts and tearing up the boards," I said and started complaining about the deer.

"Well, they looked really beautiful to us," my friend said.

And I realized that I saw the deer as nuisance. He saw them as beautiful.

Do you complain or marvel at the beauty in the world around you? Listen to your life for the beautiful and enjoy the wonderful gifts God gives you today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home