Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 12, 2008

"Do you sleep soundly?"


My office is on our farm, overlooking our horse pastures. I enjoy looking out over the pastures between phone appointments and during breaks from writing and recording. It’s quite an idyllic view.

One day I noticed a couple of horses laying on the ground, stretched out flat. It’s unusual to see them like that. Usually they sit up and don’t lay flat. I looked more closely out of concern. Then I saw a third horse standing near-by, almost at attention. He looked around the area at anything that moved, kind of like he was guarding his two pasture mates while they slept soundly.

I then understood why those two horses could sleep laying flat on the ground—they were being guarded against danger.

You are being guarded against danger, also. God is at attention, watching life as it moves toward you.

Now does that mean nothing bad will ever happen to you? Of course not. What it does mean is that you can sleep soundly, knowing that God has your back, and you don’t have to worry so much as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home