Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 05, 2008

"Got your sign?"


I saw a TV commercial recently that helped me listen to life and make a life, not just a living. It was for a cell phone company.

A guy is standing in a store, listening to a sale rep describe the many different phones. Evidently he’s overwhelmed by the choices so he says, "I just wish I had a sign."

Just then, one of the display phones pops off the stand toward him and he catches it. The sales rep gasps because this guy asked for a sign and he got it—the phone popped off to him! The guy, however, just turns the phone over in his hand, shakes his head and puts the phone back and says, "I just wish I had a sign."
The guy got his sign. But he just wasn’t looking for it.

A friend of mine was fond of saying, "Don’t pray for rain if you aren’t going to carry an umbrella." In other words, be prepared to receive what you ask for; in fact, look for it and even expect it!

Listen to life today for what God has to say…and get your sign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home