Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"What are you looking for?"


The part of the world where I live has been in a drought for over a year. Water rationing is enforced in several major cities. Farmers have had trouble feeding their livestock. It’s been pretty serious.

So I was happy when it started raining last month. In fact, it rained some each day for about eight or nine days in a row.

Well, as I talked with people I noticed that many of them complained about the weather. "I’m so tired of these gray days," one said. "Is the sun ever going to shine again?" another asked. "I’m feeling blue. Must be the weather," someone said.

Now I can understand those sentiments. But here’s what I saw:

--my horse pastures turning greener and greener

--a new rose bush I planted last month sprouting more and more leaves

--my blueberry bushes flowering.

I guess you see what you’re looking for, don’t you? Gray skies or green growth? Look for God’s green growth today as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home