Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, May 01, 2008

"Are you overwhelmed?"


I had more to do than I could reasonably do recently. I was simply overwhelmed. I felt myself getting more and more anxious about how I was going to get everything done.

So I prayed. I knew my wisdom wasn’t working and that I could use some help. So I prayed.

And as I prayed, I thought about all of the great people God brings me in touch with each day. Some of their faces and names came to mind.

Then I realized a significant life principle—I don’t have to do it all. I don’t even have to try to do it all. God sends me gifted people to help.

So I picked up the phone and called one of these friends. I told him about the situation and he said, "Sure, I’d be glad to help out. Just let me know when."

Then I called another friend. "Of course, I’d love to," she said.

I remembered another friend’s previous offer to help, called, and she said, "Just tell me when to be there."

When you get overwhelmed today, avoid getting anxious by praying. Ask God to show you how to get the help you need. Then phone a friend.

That’s one way you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home