Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Do you see flaws or beauty?"


A friend recently made a lemon meringue pie for me. Her husband brought it to our home. I looked at it, wiped the drool from my chin, and asked, "Are you sure she made this? It’s beautiful and looks like a professional pie baker created it!" He smiled and assured me that she had made it.

The couple stayed for dinner and when it was time for dessert, I told my friend that her pie was just too beautiful for me to cut and asked if she wanted to do it. She said she would so I got out the plates and pie server for her.

I stood next to her as she cut the pie and said, "This pie is so beautiful I thought a professional pie baker made it. It looks like one of your best!"

She replied, "Well, no, it’s not one of my best. The meringue didn’t cooperate with me. Do you see how it pulled back from the edges of the pie here? I don’t know what I did wrong, but it just didn’t turn out like I wanted."
I saw a beautiful pie. She saw all of its flaws.

What will you see today as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living? Look past the flaws and see the beauty…and taste the sweetness today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home