Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Something failed you lately?"


I was without email recently. A lot of what I do in my business depends on email. So I got frustrated by my lack of email, especially when I couldn’t fix it quickly and couldn’t seem to find anyone readily available who could help me. I’m sure you’ve been stuck on hold or going through the same on-line chat "help" for the third time just like I was…

I just couldn’t seem to find a resolution. So I changed tactics. I got on the telephone and started calling people I normally email. Yes, it took me longer. No, it wasn’t as efficient as email.

But you know what? I really enjoyed talking with folks again. I discovered again the personal nature of phone calls. Emails don’t convey the emotions and nuances that the human voice captures. Emails don’t allow for rapid follow-up of questions and issues. Emails don’t communicate the human experience as well as a phone call.

So in the midst of a technological failure, I discovered that listening to life helps me make a life and not just a living. Thank God for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home