Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Who's wilting around you?"


I was out of my office for a week or so last month. When I came back, I looked around to make sure everything was okay. I noticed that one of my house plants was wilting. Its leaves were all drooping downward, some of them touching the desk.

Now I had a choice right here. I could have said, "Oh, the leaves are drooping. The plant must need watering" and done nothing about it. Just observed and mentally made a note that it happened. Or, I could have said, "Oh, the leaves are drooping. The plant must need watering," filled my watering can, and watered that plant and the rest of them as well.

I chose to water the wilted plant. And within thirty minutes or so, the plant was fully upright. Not watering it could have meant the plant died.

Today you’ll mentally make lots of notes about life as it happens around you. What you do with those notes, whether or not you act on them is up to you. Your actions could be the difference between life and death for those around you. So do something today as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home