Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"Can life come out of death?"


My father had a cornea transplant a few months back and it’s been absolutely amazing how his vision is improving. He passed his driver’s exam without a doctor’s note. He’s going places and doing things he just hasn’t been able to do in quite a while.

I was thanking God one morning during my prayer time for the dramatic improvement in my dad’s vision. I thanked God for the surgeon and his remarkable skills, the nurses who assisted, the people who run the hospital, and the list went on. I named everyone I could think of and then stopped for a moment to think of anyone else.

Then it hit me—someone died so my father can see. Someone’s mother or father, wife or husband, son or daughter, sister or brother left them here to grieve the loss, to carry on life without them, but before they did, they asked for their corneas to be passed on. So I thanked God for this person, the family, and the sacrifice they made so my dad can see.

You see, life can come out of death. Just ask my Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home