Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Do you keep knocking until you get a blessing?"


I told you about my having "one of those days" a couple of weeks ago, and I asked God to send me a sign. God sent the most beautiful red-headed woodpecker you’ve ever seen and not just on that day, but every day since then.

One day, I heard him hammering on the metal bird feeder. I thought, "Well, he’ll figure out he can’t get in on the side and stop."

But he didn’t. He kept beating on it, sounding like a jack hammer. Finally, I was so distracted from writing that I got up and went outside to shoo him away. I checked on the side he was pecking on to see what kind of damage he’d done. I discovered none, then looked inside the feeder and found it was empty. He hammered on the feeder to let me know it was empty. So I filled it.

Like this woodpecker, sometimes you have to keep trying and trying to let God know what you want. Be persistent until you get what you’re after. The longer you keep knocking on heaven’s door, the more you realize how dependent you are on God to feed you and care for you everyday, and that’s when God can bless you as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home