Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"Who do you have coffee with?"


A friend of mine is the Executive Director of Friends of Barnabas, a foundation that coordinates medical mission trips to Honduras. (Visit their website at www.fobf.org.) Doctors and nurses from across the U.S. perform medical procedures in a poverty-stricken mountain region.

Well, my friend developed a relationship with a coffee grower in the area. He helped the grower purchase equipment to better produce shade-tree grown coffee at elevations over 5,000 feet. My friend pays the grower for his coffee and sells it as a fund-raiser for the medical mission trips.

I love the coffee and drink a couple of cups every morning. This morning I was thinking, "What if I had to travel to Honduras, grow the coffee myself, pick the beans, roast them, grind them, and ride with them on a plane or boat back to the US? What if I had to do all of that just to enjoy a cup of coffee?"

So as I had coffee this morning, I thanked God for my friend, the coffee grower, the medical mission teams who brought it back, and the opportunity to support their trips by buying coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home