Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, March 29, 2007

"Do you persist?"


My wife and I have a morning routine. She takes one of our yellow Labs, Princess, out in the morning. I’m inside having my morning quiet time, starting my day by listening to life. Well, when Princess finishes outside, my wife lets her back inside, and I’m supposed to feed her.

One morning recently I was so focused on listening to God that I didn’t realize when Princess came back inside. So I just sat in my chair, praying and meditating. Now I don’t know whether it was 30 seconds or 30 minutes later, I became aware that I was being stared at. You know, that feeling that you’re being watched? So I opened my eyes slowly, and there sat Princess at attention, tail wagging, her deep brown eyes staring at me, waiting persistently to be fed.

I got up and fixed her food and as I did, I thought how sometimes I don’t wait as well as Princess did, persisting long enough to get what I’m after.

Do you? Do you persist until you’re fed? Don’t give up today. Keep after whatever goal God puts in front of you no matter how long the odds. Persist as evidence of your faith that God is with you as you make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home