Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 27, 2009

"Is your spirit just a little sore?"


I remember when I got bifocals for the first time. It was really interesting getting adjusted to them. They were progressive lenses so they were really quite easy to use.

But at first, I looked like one of those bobble head dolls. That’s the way I looked trying to find the right angle to look through the lens to read up close, or at arm’s length, or at a distance. I moved my head up and down, searching for that visual sweet spot, until I found it. It was really interesting when I worked overhead, hammering a nail into a 2x4 or something like that out on the farm.

After about a week or so of bifocals, I noticed that my neck had a little muscle strain in it. I wondered, “Where did this come from?” And then it hit me—because of the bifocals and my bobble head, I had used a muscle in a different way.

So if there’s anything sore in your spirit, it could be from something you’re doing differently. And that something could help you make a life, not just a living. Think about it as you listen to life today for what God has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home