Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, April 16, 2009

"None of us were created to stay here forever, were we?"


It’s been a few years now since my grandfather died. I still miss him and I want to call him and tell him something one of our daughters did, or share some other exciting news, or get some advice, but then remember I can’t. But that’s okay. As he was so fond of telling me, “None of us were created to stay here forever.”

An elderly woman from Brooklyn realized that she wouldn’t be here forever so she prepared her will and made preparations for her funeral service and other last requests. She told her rabbi that she had two final requests. First, she wanted to be cremated, and second, she wanted her ashes scattered over Bloomingdales.

The rabbi was so shocked that he didn’t quite know how to respond to her second request. So he simply said, “And why do you wish for your ashes to be scattered over Bloomingdales?”

And the woman said, “Then I’ll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week.”

This is National Humor Month. Find something to laugh about today in life or death as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home