Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Can you count all of your love?"


Recently, I was having one of those days where nothing seemed to go right. I overslept and was late. I forgot to bring a book to class. I dropped a power drill on my foot. And as if all of that wasn’t bad enough, I spilled a drink all over my pants.

I was so frustrated with myself that I was close to tears. But then I decided to take a different approach from a crying episode. I wiped at my eyes and started counting all the people in my life who love me. Soon, I was dry-eyed and had filled my fingers and toes four times over. My heart swelled when I realized how blessed I am to have all of this love in my life.

If not today, some day soon, you’ll have a day like mine. A day when it all seems to boil over and gets to be way too much; more than you can handle. When that day comes, wipe your eyes and listen to life. Then take your shoes off because you’ll need your toes to count all of the love God sends you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home