Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"What’s your perspective?"


When I was nearly a year old, I got overly curious and yanked an iron onto myself, resulting in a large area of my body covered in third degree burns. I was blessed and healed magnificently, leaving only a couple of barely noticeable scars on my chest and neck.

My mother hates seeing these scars, especially the one on my chest. She sees it as proof that she was a bad parent and spent a good portion of my life insisting that I cover it up. I, however, love that scar and the story behind it. The scar itself is shaped like the head of a dandelion or a starburst and is obviously unique to just me. I see that moment in time not as a mistake that my mother made, but rather as a learning experience for my toddler self that some things burn. I now have a tiny reminder that my mother loves me so much that she wants to protect me in every way possible.

Today, examine the scars in your life from a different perspective, remembering that those experiences have made you into the person that God needs you to be. And while you do, be sure to listen to your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home