Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Who has shaped your life?"


I am blessed to have a beautiful younger sister who wasn’t roped into “Make Your Daughter Do Your Work” Week and doubly blessed that my parents wanted to have another child after putting up with me for four years. My dad has never mentioned exactly how important that girl is to me.

Her birthday falls around Christmas and, with the naiveté of a four-year-old, I thought she was my special gift from Santa Claus. She was my kid from the moment she was unwrapped. My mom and dad technically were the parents, but I became the second mother.

I infuriated her by talking my mother out of letting her go to certain movies, correct her on most everything so she could be the best, and soothe her when she faced problems that were more recent in my mind than my parents’.

I’ve become the person I am today because of her. I thank God for her.

So today, as you listen to your life, think about who God has blessed you with and how they’ve helped you become the person you are today. And let them know how special they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home