Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 20, 2009

"Do you always need the details or do you sometimes trust God?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

When I was much younger, I would get fairly annoying around bedtime. Okay, to be honest, very annoying. You see, I hated the idea of going to sleep and missing anything that could be happening while I snoozed.

So, to push the limits of my bedtime, I would question my parents mercilessly about our plans for the next day. It wasn’t enough to know we were going grocery shopping, I wanted to know the exact list of food we needed!

Eventually, my parents would cut off my questions with the parental response of “We’ll see” and I would go to sleep, unhappy with the lack of an exact answer.

Like my parents, sometimes it seems that God loves to give a “we’ll see” answer to our questions as well. However, God’s “We’ll see” isn’t because the grocery list isn’t written yet. Instead it’s because God has the details already covered and wants us to grow in faith and trust. So listen to life today and don’t worry about needing the details. God has them taken care of.

So sleep well, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home