Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, March 30, 2009

"Do you assume everyone is like you?"


When this big snowfall happened, and the power went out, and the trees fell, and I’m cleaning them up with some God-sent help, my wife measured how much snow fell. She measured several different places for an average of ten inches.

I talk with friends in the area that day and of course, the snow comes up and we start comparing amounts. I discover that no one else I spoke with had as much as ten inches. In fact, within less than five miles from our farm, they received only about six inches. That’s a pretty drastic variation in snowfall in a pretty small area!

I wondered, “How could there be such a big difference?” That’s when I listened to my life and realized that just because I had ten inches of snow, I assumed everyone else around must have the same amount, be in an identical situation.

How often do you assume everyone is like you and holds the same opinion or thinks the same way or feels identical to you? God created each of us unique, yet there are about 6.5 billion of us. Don’t assume everyone is like you. Celebrate the differences as you make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home