Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, March 23, 2009

"Are you covered?"


Yesterday I told you about this snow that I didn’t believe was coming. But it came anyway…all ten inches of it on our farm.

I stood in my office, looking out across the rolling hills around us. The snow covered them all from top to bottom. I gazed out across the pastures and they were covered with snow from fence line to fence line. I knew where some rocks were sitting, up the mountain behind us. I couldn’t see them. The snow blanketed them completely.

Isn’t it amazing how when snow falls, it covers everything? And so completely? So thoroughly that you can hardly tell what’s underneath it. All you see is snow.

So I’m standing there, looking out across our farm, listening to life, when the thought occurs to me, “The snow blankets the farm just like God’s grace covers my life.”

Yes, like the farm, life is full of different terrains and rocks and soils. God’s grace blankets even the rough places of life. Look for it as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home