Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"How flexible are you?"


So this larger-than-average snowfall happens whether I believe it will or not, blanketing our farm like God’s grace does life. All of a sudden, the power goes out. And doesn’t just blink. It stays off.

“Daddy, how long will it be out?” our daughter asks. “Shouldn’t you turn the gas logs on?”

“I don’t know,” I say. “And not while the house is still warm because we don’t know how long it will be out.” I knew the temperature was to drop to the teens that night and I couldn’t remember the last time the tank was filled.

“What are we going to eat?” she wants to know.

Quickly I thought of something that didn’t require defrosting and I could cook on the grill outside. “How about we have a cook-out with hot dogs? And I can warm the left-over macaroni and cheese in a pan on the grill!” She thought that sounded great so that’s what we had.

Amazing how quickly life changes, isn’t it? And your power gives out? And how flexible you can be in finding another source of power, like God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home