Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, March 22, 2009

"What do you believe?"


The weather forecast earlier this month called for snow. Lots of snow. I said to a friend, “It seems like every time they call for a lot of snow, we get none. And when they forecast a dusting, we get a lot. I’ll believe it when I see all that snow they’re predicting.”

The next day it started snowing and it didn’t stop until we had about ten inches on our farm. And I didn’t believe it would snow. I didn’t trust the forecast.

We choose what to believe, don’t we? I had a choice about whether to believe it would snow or not. But snow happens, doesn’t it? Regardless of my choice of whether or not to believe it.

You can choose not to believe in gravity if you want and jump off of a 30-story building. And it just might occur to you on the way down that your belief was misplaced.

I heard someone say once that he lived his life believing in God, because it had to be better than not believing, and getting it wrong.

Listen to your life and make a life today, believing in God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home