Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Do you push or pull?"


I do my best to go to a fitness center at least two or three times per week. When I’m traveling, I stay at hotels that have them on-site. When I’m home, I go to my favorite place where I’m a member. I’m not a gym rat, because I go in, do my routine and leave, but I could be.

So recently while I’m doing my routine, I notice all of the different machines there as well as the free weights. All of a sudden it hit me—most every exercise, whether with free weights or on machines, consists of one of two motions: you’re pulling or pushing up or you’re pulling or pushing down. It’s all up or down. Now there are a couple that may be out and in, but not many. Mostly it’s up and down.

And that’s kind of like life, isn’t it? You’re either pulling someone up by helping them out of a predicament or teaching them a new skill or encouraging them or you’re pushing someone down by gossiping or criticizing or being cruel.

So which exercise do you do more of in life? And which one is God asking you to do? Pull someone up today as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home