Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, February 09, 2009

"What do you pay more attention to?"


My seven-year-old nephew and I were watching a football game together. One of the players lost a shoe and had to leave the game.

The player came back on the field and his shoe looked…well, different. My nephew said something about it and I looked more carefully. The player was in such a hurry to get back on the field that the athletic trainer didn’t have time to tape the shoe back on, securing it up his ankle. So the guy runs back on the field to play with one shoe taped up and the other untapped…which is why it looked different.

We figured this out and my nephew said, “I thought he had mismatched shoes on” and we laughed about it.

That same player with the different shoes ran the ball on the very next play. He broke several tackles and almost scored. And my nephew said, “I guess it doesn’t matter whether his shoes match or not if he can run like that.”

Today avoid paying attention to the outward appearances in your life. Focus on the results you get. That’s one way to make a life, and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home