Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Is your life convenient?"


My brother and his wife moved recently. They were still settling in so not everything was the way they wanted it just yet. For instance, I went into the kitchen to make coffee one morning. I found the coffeemaker and the coffee. So I filled up the reservoir with water, then realized I didn’t have a filter. I checked all the drawers closest to the coffeemaker, but there weren’t any filters.

So off I went on a filter hunt, opening every drawer as I came to it, and discovering nothing. But I kept looking until I came to the opposite end of the kitchen and there they were, about as far away as you could get.

I took the bundle of filters and moved them to a closer drawer and made my coffee. I asked my sister-in-law if it was okay where I moved them, and she laughed and said, “Yea, I guess I just stuck them in a drawer to get them out of the way. Thanks!”

Sometimes it takes someone else to see where things are in your life and move it around to save you a few steps, to make life more convenient…someone like God. Ask God to help you with life as you make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home