Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, February 01, 2009

"Are you a creature of habit?"


My wife enjoys rearranging the kitchen counter periodically. I guess she just gets bored with the current arrangement so she shuffles everything around. The coffeemakers are moved from one side to the other which means the canisters with the sugar and flour and stuff are moved to the other side of the stove. And make room for them, the crock pot and tea maker are repositioned. And of course the napkins get a new location, too.

Well, I make the coffee every day. So the first day I walk in to discover this new arrangement, I of course go to the previous location of the coffeemakers and they’re not there. So I find them and begin my preparations. But then of course the coffee filters, which I had in a drawer near the makers, have to be relocated to another drawer closer to the makers. It took me about three days to stop walking over to the spot where I made coffee previously.

Life is constantly changing and moving your coffeemakers, isn’t it? And being a creature of habit, you return to the same spot, right? Ask God to help you listen to life so you can make a life in your constantly changing world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home