Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, February 05, 2009

"How dark is your life?"


I recently painted our master bedroom. My wife decided it was a great time to rearrange the furniture in the room. And that was okay by me. I like change…until I got up in the middle of the night the first night it was rearranged and bumped into a chair that wasn’t there before. Almost didn’t make it to the bathroom. Then the second night I stubbed my toe on a dresser. And the third night I tried to knock off another toe on the footboard of our bed.

It was then that I decided perhaps I needed to wake up and look where I was going. But I didn’t want to turn on a light and wake my wife. So I started peering into the darkness more…

…and discovered that the dark really isn’t so dark. The area light in a nearby horse pasture streams in through a window and lights part of my path. And on a night when there’s a full moon, one portion of the room is literally bathed in light; so bright I can see quite well.

Sometimes when your life seems dark, you’ll stub your spirit and get down. Just peer into the dark shadows and find God’s light as you listen to life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home