Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?"


I shared a story with you a few months ago on my birthday. I joked about getting older and hair loss and how people often mistake my wife for my oldest daughter.

A friend who listens to life with us through www.ListentoLife.org is probably in her 80s or 90s and lives in a nursing facility. She enjoys these stories everyday and quite often writes to tell me. So on my birthday, she writes: “Many happy returns on your special day. You have so much to give others each day. Keep up the good work and don’t think about getting old. You don’t have the time.”

That’s certainly true, isn’t it? Time moves faster and faster and there’s less of it the older you get.

And focusing on keeping up the good work is a great way to spend your time, isn’t it? Helps you enjoy and use your time wisely.

So today, regardless of your age, “keep up the good work and don’t think about getting old” as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home