Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 26, 2009

"Where are you going?"


I was recently in an airport, traveling with my wife. We grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down in some rocking chairs in a sunlit atrium. Not too far away was what I call a “people mover.” It’s like an escalator, only flat, and you step up on it and it moves you from one end of the corridor to the other while you just stand there.

So I’m sitting there watching people get on a people mover on one side and get off a people mover on the other side; listening to my life. It occurred to me that life is a lot like a people mover. It’s constantly moving. You’re always going somewhere. But is it somewhere you want to go?

I noticed several people get on a people mover, then decide they were headed in the wrong direction. They either stayed on until the end, and headed back, or they turned around and walked in the opposite direction, disturbing others.

Do you ever head off in the wrong direction in your life? Choose what moves you very carefully as you listen to your life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home