Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, February 02, 2009

"Do you give credit where credit is due?"


My youngest nephew got a Wii video game player for Christmas. He and I were playing it; I can’t remember if he was beating me at baseball or tennis or the Madden 09 Football game we gave him. I’m really enjoying myself anyway because he’s a lot of fun to be around. He’s seven. And I was acting seven.

So we’re playing away and I say to him, “I sure am glad Santa Claus brought you this Wii game. This is fun!”

And he says, “Yea, I’m really glad Santa brought it, too, because Mom and Dad sure couldn’t afford it.”

I fell down laughing and lost another game.

Obviously my brother or sister-in-law had told him how expensive the game is so they didn’t have to honor his request for it.

Do you give credit where credit is due? Like at work? Or, at home? Or, do you just think you do, but like my nephew, might not know all of the reality?

Be slow to take credit for something. Sure, go ahead and receive it. And give it where you think best…and be generous with it. Someone might deserve it that you don’t know about…like God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home