Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Do you bag life’s beauty?"


I was in a meeting last month and someone turned to me and said, "Well, have you raked up all of your leaves?"
"Not yet," I said.

"Oh, do you wait until they all fall so you only have to get them up once?" he said.

"Well," I said, "they all are fallen when I get them up, but that’s not why I wait. Have you ever left those beautiful red, orange, and yellow works of art on the ground long enough to enjoy the gorgeous carpet they roll out?"

"Not really," he said. "I usually get them up as they hit the ground."

"What do you do with them?" I asked.

"I bag them," he told me.

"You’re bagging and throwing away a lot of beauty," I said.

Do you treat life the way this guy does his leaves? Just because something falls in your way, you dispose of it as quickly as possible?

Life takes you of your usual path at times. Don’t avoid it. See the beauty in it. And discover God there as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home