Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"You never know, do you?"


A room-service waiter at a hotel learned that the sister of a guest had just died. The waiter, Charles, bought a sympathy card, had hotel staff members sign it, and gave it to the grieving guest with a piece of hot apple pie.

Later the guest wrote to the president of the hotel chain. "Dear Sir," she wrote, "I'll never meet you. And I don't need to meet you. Because I met Charles. I know what you stand for...I want to assure you that as long as I live, I will stay at your hotels. And I will tell my friends to stay at your hotels."

You never know how much even a simple act of kindness will mean to someone, do you?

And you never know who God will send to take care of you in your times of need, do you?

As you listen to life today and make a life, not just a living, look around you for someone who’s hurting. Don’t assume you can’t help; even something as simple as a card and a piece of pie will do.

Or, if you’re the one hurting, look around you. God is sending someone your way right now. So keep listening to life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home