Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Do you see the obvious?"


Someone called me recently and said that he’d read my book, Listen to Life with Dr. Joey Faucette: The First Book, that he’d really enjoyed it, and had started listening to his own life.

"What’s going in your life now that you’re listening to?" I asked him.

"Well," he said, "just the other day I went to a new service station in town. It’s one of those pay-at-the-pumps places. I put my credit card in okay, but I couldn’t make the pump come on.

"So I went inside and asked the cashier what to do. She said for me to press the PRESS HERE button.

"When I went back to the pump, there it was in huge letters, PRESS HERE. I did, and the pump came on and everything was great…

"…except I felt really dumb after missing that sign. But then I said to myself, ‘Hey, Joey said to listen to life today for what God has to say.’ So I did.

"And I realized that’s what listening to life is all about. God’s love for us is so obvious, but we miss it. Then God sends people to point it out to us."

See the obvious as you make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home