Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Got regrets?"


A friend who listens to life with us through our website at www.ListentoLife.org talked with me recently about an upcoming trip to London he planned for his family. We talked about the high ticket prices the airlines charge because of fuel costs. Then we talked about the dreadful currency exchange rates between the dollar and the pound—pretty close to 2-for-1. Next we talked about one daughter graduating from college and another going and what that costs.

Then he said, "Yea, my accountant tells me I’m crazy for taking this trip to London at this time. But you know what I told him? I told him that the majority of my regrets in life are about what I didn’t do, not what I did. So we’re going to London regardless."

What about your regrets in life? Are they more about what you didn’t do? A missed opportunity to do something? A neglected occasion to say "I love you!"? Too many nights spent at work while your children grew up without you?

Live with as few regrets as possible by listening to your life and making a life, not just a living today.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Joey, Really hit home. I have alot of regrets concerning my shoulda, coulda, woulda's. This made me realize I really need to do something about that.
Tracy King

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Joey, This really hit home. I have alot of regrets from my shoulda, woulda, coulda's. This made me realize I really need to do something about that.
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home