Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, April 20, 2008

"What's in your yard?"


The spring showers have come in the part of the world where I live which means that the grass is turning green…you know, that beautiful shade of spring green that tells you winter is over…and the weeds are coming.

I stood looking out on our beautiful green yard recently, and seeing all of those little yellow flowers mixed in with the grass—dandelions. I stood there trying to decide whether or not to put some "weed and feed" on the yard; you know, that stuff that kills the dandelions and feeds the grass. I wanted the dandelions killed, but feeding the grass would mean I’d have to mow it more often, taking up more of my time.

Well, as I stood there, trying to decide, our younger daughter walked up, put her arm around me and said, "Aren’t the yellow flowers beautiful, Daddy? Let’s pick some."

I saw weeds. She saw flowers. Of course, I decided not to weed and feed, but to spend my time picking yellow flowers with her.

See the flowers, not the weeds as you listen to life and make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home