Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"Are you hiding?"


I went over to visit with some friends. They have a four-year-old daughter who calls me "Uncle Joey" and wants me to play with her every time I come over. I love it since both of our daughters are all grown up now.
This time, "Uncle Joey" was invited to play hide-and-seek. So I counted and she hid. And then I began looking for her. First I looked behind the door. "You’re not behind the door," I said.

Then I heard her giggle in another room. So I slowly went in that direction, stopping in a different room and saying, "Are you in here?" which caused an even louder giggle.

Next I looked in a bathroom, "Are you in here?" and that produced a huge giggle that I had to be deaf to ignore. So I went in the room where she was hiding, found her, and she said, "I thought you’d never find me!"
She reminded me that the reason you play hide-and-seek is to be found. The joy is in the finding, not the hiding.

Giggle loudly today so your spouse or children or friends or coworkers and even God can find you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home