Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 16, 2007

"What's in a name?"


I’m trying to figure out something again today. Maybe you can help me. I’m trying to understand what’s up with toilet paper.

My wife sends me to the grocery store to get a few items. One of those items is toilet paper. She gives me very specific instructions about the brand, and says, and I quote, "Get the big rolls."

So off I go to the grocery store, find the toilet paper aisle, search among a gazillion brands until I find the one I’m supposed to get and discover that there are numerous choices in that brand. So I search some more until I see it—the brand I’m after in a package that says "Big Rolls."

So I take my prized toilet paper home. My wife gets it out of the bag and says, "This isn’t right."

"What?" I say. "But it says ‘Big Rolls’ right there."

"These aren’t big enough," she says and pulls out the rolls we have left. And that package reads "Huge Rolls."

God is a lot easier to find than toilet paper. Regardless of what name you use, whenever you go looking for God in your life, God is right there with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home