Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, April 15, 2007

"Have you noticed that there’s a whole lot to life that changes, even blue jeans?"


I’m trying to figure out something today. Maybe you can help me. I’m trying to understand what’s changed about blue jeans.

Growing up in the 60s, of course, I wore blue jeans like everyone else; you know, the kind with patches on them. Back then, my Mom had to buy me "slims" because of my thin waist and long legs.

A few months back, my wife bought me some jeans that were called "relaxed fit." Now frankly I have no idea what that means, but while the jeans were the correct size, they didn’t fit. They were too big. So she went back and got me the same size in a style known as "regular." And they fit.

So does this mean that yesterday’s slim is now today’s regular? And that today’s "relaxed fit" is yesterday’s regular? I mean, my body feels "relaxed." I go to the gym and run and work out a little so I’m not flabby relaxed, but I didn’t think I was "regular" either.

There’s a whole lot to life that changes. I mean, even blue jeans change.

But one thing doesn’t change—God loves you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home