Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"Are you special to someone?"

I shared with you a story last month about special people who’ve made a positive difference in your life and encouraged you to call or write them to say “thank you.”

But I didn’t think about that story from a receiving perspective until a friend wrote me this email: “I liked your story about special people and immediately thought of you. You and your wife have been very special to my children and me. You were and are such an important person in my daughter’s life growing up. You did so many things for her that I will be thankful for forever. I will always be appreciative of the things you did for me, too. You were such a wonderful influence on her and I know you’re proud of what a great, loving adult she has become. Thanks for being her “other Daddy.” I hope your daughters make you as happy as my children have made me. Thanks again for being such a special person to us.”

I’m keeping this very humbling letter to read often and remind me of God’s goodness poured through me into others. It helps me listen to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home