Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"Are you listening?"

I have an old AM radio in my office. My parents gave it to me. It’s the AM radio I listened to every morning as I ate my Frosted Flakes before school. It’s the radio that Jimmy Francis came on every morning and played my favorite music, and Charles Westbrook gave me the morning news. It’s the radio that I sat praying in front of on those rare winter mornings when the forecast called for snow and on spring Saturdays when I wanted to go fishing.

And you know what? That little radio still works. Sure, I have to wait for it to warm up, but the reception is good and the sound full and rich. Yes, I know technology has gone way beyond AM radio; even beyond FM radio to satellite radio and iTunes and now iVideo. But there’s more to this old radio than just technology. It reminds me of a simpler time in my life, a time when baseball was my first love and Elvis was alive and I worked on my own bike and faith in God brought amazing grace.

Listen to life today and remember what it’s like to make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home