Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Do you just laugh sometimes?"

I recently spoke to an association of hospital volunteers meeting close enough to our farm for me to drive. I spent the night in their meeting hotel and put up a display so they could carry our Listen to Life books in their gift shops.

I took down my display after the vendors fair and one of the bell hops helped me to load everything on a cart. He got my car brought up and loaded it for me. He was a really nice guy and I was very tired so I appreciated his help.

Well, about 30 minutes down the road, I heard some of the display items moving around in my trunk and then it hit me—I forgot to get my personal belongings out of the hotel’s storage. I checked out of my room during a break and put my suit, toiletries, and other things in storage and in my tired state simply forgot to get them.

Now I had two choices when turning around and going back to get them: get mad at myself, or laugh at myself. I decided that when you’re listening to life and making a life, not just a living, sometimes you just have to laugh.

So laugh today and know God’s laughing with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home