Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"What do you see?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


When dandelions dot my lawn, I reach for the weed and feed to kill them. But then I remember my daughters picking the little yellow flowers to give to their mother and blowing the downy seeds to make a wish.

When I’m walking around our farm and the wind starts whipping down the mountain, I steel myself against it, sometimes reach up for what’s left of my hair, and grouse if I’m walking up hill about how I wish the wind was blowing in a different direction. But then I remember my daughters leaning into the wind, arms outstretched like wings, pretending to fly.

When I see someone sitting in a wheelchair, I see a handicapped person and feel pity for them and wonder if I’ll wind up like that. But then I remember my daughters seeing someone they can look in the eye or get up and play in her lap or push him around just like our older daughter did her great-grandmother.

When you start listening to life like a child, making a life, not just a living, gets so much easier. You trust God more and see God everywhere more often.

Try to listen to life like a child today.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home