Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, November 01, 2009

"Is there a purpose for every season?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


Have you noticed with the change of seasons comes less daylight? Most of us switched from Daylight Savings Time back to Standard Time yesterday. But still there’s just not as much daylight now.

I understand all about the earth’s rotation and the seasons and distance from the sun. But somehow having less daylight affects me. I feel more tired at the end of the day, because it gets dark so much earlier. In the summer, when it’s light until nine some evenings, I’d go home and work in the yard or cut the grass. I’d have all kinds of energy. Now it seems like I’m ready for bed by nine.

I guess there’s a rhythm to life, isn’t there? A beat that is fast sometimes and slow others. There’s a purpose to every season. I mean I couldn’t work forever at a summer pace. So maybe the purpose of fall is to slow us down a bit.

Find your rhythm in this season and every season. Discover its purpose for you. Enjoy the rhythm of this season’s purpose as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home